Friday 5 July 2013

1984 Rickenbacker 4001

1984 RICKENBACKER 4001 BASS
IT WAS A SNOWY JANUARY MORNING WHEN I CHECKED THE CLASSIFIED ADS. 
THERE WAS ANOTHER STORM FOLLOWING CLOSE BEHIND THE LAST ONE.
When I called, the owner of this guitar  said he had another guy coming in from Kingston Ont. but was not sure if he would make it. One hour later he called to say the gent from Kingston did not want to chance the trip with the major snow storm anticipated. I decided to risk it, and jumped into my car. It was going to be an hour there and an hour back if everything went well. The sky was cloudy and dark and the traffic was unsurprisingly light. The Weather Channel had recommended unnecessary travel--ill advised. 
The seller had put a ridiculously low price on this spotless mint 4001 Rickenbacker. It would not last long. Safely at my destination I took my time and checked the bass over very thoroughly, it was awesome.
It is a latter 4001 with some of the features of a 4003 Rickenbacker in that it has the dual truss rods.
There is some debate over when the last 4001's were released, this is well past the average consensus of when the last ones came out. Truss rod cover says 4001 and the serial number is XB suggesting a 1984.
Cool Bass 




No comments:

Post a Comment