Saturday 6 July 2013

1980 LARRIVEE C-10 SEAHORSE HEADSTOCK




1980 LARRIVEE C-10 SEAHORSE HEADSTOCK


I had been working in construction for twenty years, and had raised my family to a advanced stage.
 I thought that to mark this occasion, I would treat myself to a super special guitar. It had to have bling... 
 I am not a particularly shy person and to have something flashy around my neck is not a problem.
There was a great guitar shop in Peterborough Ont.that I would visit now and again. You never know what Don was going to have hanging behind the counter. We do miss the Music Workshop.
Martin D-45's were not too available here in Canada. However we do have a luthier that is arguably as qualified at guitar building as Mr. Martin's predecessors.
In 1980 Jean was still building guitars by hand in Victoria, British Columbia. The cool thing with this guitar is that his wife Wendy did the beautiful Abalone inlay. This guitar was originally made without a truss rod. The previous owner had it was returned to Jean Larrivee and one was installed. 
Rosewood back and sides Sitka Spruce top.
Crystal clean sound and lots of bling.......



No comments:

Post a Comment