Thursday 20 June 2013

1980 Tokia Les Paul Custom


1980 Tokia Les Paul Custom

The Black Les Paul Custom is one of the most iconic guitars out there. Especially if you are a huge Neil Young fan, as I have been since the mid 60's. Yes I know Neil does not play a Custom and definitely not a Tokia. We all know the history of Old Black so ....
I bought my Tokai second hand at the infamous Richmond's Trading Post on Queen St. in Toronto in the mid 80's. Part of the trade was for an El Greco bass guitar with built in equalizer, man it was a heavy beast.
I remember the feeling of excitement that Friday afternoon as I made the biggest guitar deal of my youth.
To finally own a "replica" iconic guitar, I was going to Rock until I Dropped. I had an old Trainer (Yorkville) amp head and a Hiwatt 2x15 cabinet , there was no shortage of bass on this rig.
This guitar is one of the easiest playing, loudest, comfortable, cool guitars I have played.
All original except for the very well repaired headstock break which I didn't discover until I got it home from Richmond's. Life lesson ...Always check your guitars all over before purchasing. It still rocks.

1980 Tokia Les Paul Custom

No comments:

Post a Comment